In this episode, we perform a system analysis on Savage Worlds. We go throught the general rules as laid out in the Savage Worlds Deluxe 2nd Edition (we specifically reference the Explorers edition). We explore many of the official settngs released or licensed by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. We also provide several other resources for Savage Worlds goodness, all linked in the shownotes below.
We mourn the loss of Steven Russell of Rite Pubishing, who died in a fatal car accident earlier this month.
In happier news, TsunamiCon is a go! The kickstarter did not work out, but Erik and his team were able to come up with an agreement with the venue. Humble Bundle is selling Vampire: The Masquerade Revised 3rd Edition pdfs and epubs at Pay What You Want up to $33 for a total value of about $263. (Available until August 10th)
Also we are doing a giveaway. Supplies are limited, so its first come first serve basis. Listen to the episode to find out how to claim a voucher.
If you have any comments, feedback, system you want us to talk about, or even a topic you want us to discuss; either leave a comment on this episode’s post, send us an email, or use our Contact Page! You can also post to our Facebook Community and/or Google+ Community You can even leave us feedback on Stitcher Radio, iTunes, or event Google Play Music! We’d love to hear from you and will read your message on the next episode!
Here are the show notes:
- TsunamiCon (Convention)
- WashingCon 2 (Convention)
- COSCon/SibCon (Convention)li>
- GenCon (Convention)
- 50 Fathoms (Game Setting)
- Accursed (Game Setting)
- Achtung! Cthulhu (Game Setting)
- Agents of Oblivion (Game Setting)
- Crime City [Free Product] (Game Setting)
- Daring Tales (Game Setting)
- Dealands Reloaded (Game Setting)
- Deadlands Noir (Game Setting)
- East Texas University (Game Setting)
- Hael (Game Setting)
- High Space (Game Setting)
- Interface Zero 2.0 (Game Setting)
- Iron Dynasty (Game Setting)
- Lankhmar: City of Thieves (Game Setting)
- The Last Parsec (Game Setting)
- Necessary Evil (Game Setting)
- Nova Praxis (Game Setting)
- Pirates of the Spanish Main (Game Setting)
- Realms of Cthulhu (Game Setting)
- RIFTS (Game Setting)
- Rippers Resurrected (Game Setting)
- Shaintar (Game Setting)
- Solomon Kane (Game Setting)
- Space 1889 (Game Setting)
- Thrilling Tales (Game Setting)
- Totems of the Dead (Game Setting)
- Tour of Darkness
- Weird Wars (WW1, WW2, and Rome) (Game Setting)
- 1d4Cast Episode 7 – Deadlands Review (Resource)
- The Making of Savage Worlds (Resource)
- Savage Worlds Explorer Edition (Print + PDF) for $9.99 (Resource)
- Metagamers Anonymous – Savage Worlds Actual Plays [Obsidian Crown & Project Z] (Resource/Podcast)
- Savage Cast Podcast (Resource/Podcast)
- Savagepedia – Savage Conversions (Resource)
- Savage Heroes (Resource)
- Savage Insider (Mystical Throne Entertainment) (Resource)
- Savage Worlds: Test Drive 2012 (Resource) [Free Product – Perfect for new players]
- SavageDaddy’s Star Wars Companion [Fan Product] (Resource)
- Interface Zero – Fate Edition (Game)
- Through The Breach RPG [Malifaux] (Game)
- Exalted 3rd Edition (Game)
- Godbound (Game)
- Happy Jacks RPG Podcast (Podcast)
[Official Settings] (Not A Comprehensive list)
[Misc Items from Discussion]
Thank you for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
1 thought on “Episode 35 – You are all Savages!”
another great episode, guys and gals. and, as a long time savage worlds player, one that is near and dear to my heart. thanks for the shout out regarding the iron dynasty game that i ran for you all those many moons ago. i had a great time running james and paul’s wife (?), sorry i can’t remember her name, through their duel to settle the rivalry spontaneously created at the table. sorry that we didn’t get to finish the game. fun times non-the-less.
i’m kind of surprised that henry had not run savage worlds before now considering that it has been out since 2003 and he seems to be the most likely of the group to try different systems as well as the most prolific gamer. anyway, i’m glad that you all enjoy the system and hope that your campaign goes swimmingly.
as for myself, i’ve run several savage worlds campaigns and one shots but the longest lasting was a star wars game that i cobbled together from a few conversions i found online as well as my own stuff. it was set in the rebellion era and saw the pc’s to from 0 xp and into legendary. the game did a wonderful job capturing the feel of the star wars universe, but i have to say that my game was far more deadly than the movies.
anyway, keep up the good work and i look forward to the next episode.